Before your Departure

  • For EEC nationals, make sure that you carry valid ID card/papers with you at all times during your stay.
  • A valid passport must be carried at all times by non-EEC nationals wishing to reenter France.
  • Non-EEC student visa, long-stay visa or Type “D” “Student” visa (Student visa can be obtained from the French Consulate or Embassy in your country).
  • Valid social security papers (or proof) must be carried at all times.

+ More information about formalities for studying in France

When you Arrive

A residence permit is obligatory for all non-EEC national students staying more than 3 months in France.

To obtain a student residence permit, the following documents must be provided:

  • 4 ID photos
  • A photocopy of passport and long-stay visa
  • Copy of birth certificate
  • Certificate of schooling
  • Proof of home address
  • Proof of personal financial resources
  • 60 €
  • A stamped envelope

The Student Residence Card Procedure

Rhône Prefecture
12 rue des Cuirassiers
69003 Lyon – +33 (0)4 72 61 67 06

Gironde Prefecture
29 rue Castéja
33000 Bordeaux